With the emerging of technology, the need for an audiovisual technology expert shows an enhancement move significantly. An expert is someone that has to understand the characteristic and specification of something. Also, an expert must know exactly how components of something work in a unified system.
The term commonly used in this field is an audiovisual consultant. It requires deep knowledge about the audiovisual application, its control system, digital signage, IT networks, and all technologies related to it. Consultants are needed to maximize the audiovisual capacity of the company and its partner.
Undeniably, people and media entertainment keep growing rapidly nowadays. But, only a few people know how something works perfectly. To be a professional in a field, you must know the basics and learn a lot to involve in detail. At least, before being a pro audiovisual consultant, you should know some terms.
Audiovisual System Services
To be an independent audiovisual consultant, it’s better to keep neutral by having no affiliation with any product. Unlike contractors, an audiovisual technology expert should be unbiased and objective. At least, you have to know how to arrange these needs;
- Medical simulation for the educational system
- Higher Education Team-based Learning
- Churches or House of Worship
- Arenas or Stadium Systems
- Conventional Halls or Conference Centers
- Sports, Athletic, and Recreational Facilities
- Cinemas and Non-commercial Theaters
- Motion-capture, Performing Arts Venues, or Media Production Spaces
- Corporate meeting or Collaboration Maker-spaces
- Commercial Theaters
Easy Step to Become an Audiovisual Technology Expert
To become a professional, you should meet some requirements. The basic one is to get acquainted with every modern audiovisual instrument. Not just knowing the names of products and series, you must have basic knowledge of computer technology related to the products.
In the end, you’ll end up with processing each footage by giving special corrections or effects to them. At least, you should have qualifications for that. Either by attending a formal or informal course, you need to familiar with a camera or light that can bring miracles to spoil your work. Besides, to be a real pro, you have to;
- Get good experience on it. It may be an experience that makes you feel closer to audiovisual technology. Try to work with everyone, especially the best known audiovisual consultant in your area. You may be a volunteer and get experience by helping them. Or, you can apply for an internship to start working as a trainee on reputable TV channels.
- Strengthen your communication and relation skills. Both of them are important to support someone’s dreams to be a pro. Becoming an audiovisual technology expertneeds not only skilled techniques to use a camera, light, or professional programs but also you must have the ability to interact with people, mostly with clients. They may have different interpersonal styles and temper that should be handled by a pro.
- By all means, get a degree in communication technology, broadcasting, or cinema art. It will bring a huge advantage and create new possibilities to leverage your career.
The easy way to become a pro is by getting certified. It has determined that a certificate means approval to let you become an expert. Better to diving more on the community of audiovisual pro, it will help a lot to improve your skill and knowledge as a future audiovisual technology expert.
Audio Visual Instruments, How to Handle Them Properly. Taking care of audio visual instruments can make your belongings be durable goods. It means cost-efficiency because there is no need to fix the wonky and harm. Generally, people should wash and dry their hands thoroughly after bola gelinding session before handling audio visual materials. And, make sure that the environment is dry and clean.
Besides, keep the food, drink, snack, and liquid away. It is important not to touch the playing surface to make sure the purity. Keep everything well maintained, especially in playback equipment. To handle the grooved disk (no matter it is 45s, 78s, LPs, or lacquer disk), make sure to just clean by the edge of the label areas only.
For the optical discs, either CDs or DVDs, you also have to clean the edge of the disc and the center hole. Taking care of magnetic tape only can be handled by an outer shell. Don’t ever touch the part named spools. If you think it is complicated, you’re wrong. There are more lists to do for handling your audio visual materials properly.
Proper Storage for Your Audio Visual Instruments
Grooved cylinders and disc, magnetic tape, and optical disc are made of various modern materials that consist of chemical instabilities. Protecting cylinders must be careful to hold only with index and middle finger. Don’t ever touch the outer nor grooved surface of the cylinder. To make them safe from any distractions that may harm, you need proper storage to be a preservation area.
Generally, the proper formats of the store are; reels and discs on the edge, while cassettes on the long edge, and the cylinders standing alone in the end. Ensure that the shelving is strong enough to support the weight of these materials. Make sure to provide a sturdy between shelves that divide every 4-6 inches one to another.
To keep it in good condition, put your audio visual instruments at a cool temperature, or at least at room temperature. Besides, it must be relatively dry, clean, and stable. Protect them from exposure to all kinds of light, especially direct and intense light.
For institutional needed, all the instruments having a minimum value of 10 years, it must be kept in 65-70o F, while 45-50o F for instruments with permanent value. Keep them to have minimum exposure to the strong magnetic area to avoid demagnetization.
Maintaining Playback Equipment and Cleaning Process
To clean the playback machine, you must follow exactly as the manufacturer’s instructions. As the one of high technology, you must treat it carefully. If it is something you cannot handle, better to bring it to professionals. Professionals with more knowledge about the details of the instruments will perform better through the maintenance and cleaning process.
Meanwhile, the sound cleaning procedures process for every audio visual format is different from each other. For the cylinder and magnetic tape, they shouldn’t be carried out by everyone. The only one that delicate to undertaking them is a preservation specialist that knows about it.
The effectiveness of all this kind of cleaning process has not intended to give the same result to all users. People’s knowledge about those materials also gives a huge impact on how well they will handle the instruments properly. At least, if you have no specialty to take care of those audio visual instruments, it will be better to bring them to professional cleaners.
Audio Visual Materials. Definition and Contribution to Group Learning. Whether holding an important meeting or group learning audio visual materials, (AVM) are the crucial elements to make it perfect. It is an important aspect to be considered, from the lowest to the highest group meeting.
Audio visual has a big impact to make your teaching system or research more attractive.
Mostly, it can stimulate the audience’s interest, aesthetically provide valuable information, and bring to the new experience at daftar idnplay. In other words, it eases you to get the audience’s attention.With the dramatic development of technology, having audio visual resources is a must almost for everyone. And, it also used by various institutions/ organizations to disseminating information towards their clients.
The Definition of Audio Visual Materials
According to the definition in Libraries in the Twenty-First Century (2007) by Alastair Smith AVMs are important in every educational environment, including in videotapes, audiotapes, DVDs, or others.
From those statements, we can conclude that basically audio visual is a can of electronic media which process both sound and visual components, such as in films, TV programs, slide-tape presentations, corporate conference, live theater production, or maybe church services.
It frequently offers live broadcast services and web streaming to the clients.
- Auditory materials that relate to the hearing, include radio, recordings, tele-lecture, sound films, telephone, and the others
- Visual materials that relate to visual aspects include chart, maps, picture, atlas, models, cartoons, drownings, posters, or the others
- Audio visual materials that combine both auditory and visual materials, includes film, television, motion picture, demonstration, videotape, and printed materials with recorded sound
The Contribution to Group Learning
The use of AVMs in the learning process has increased from the past few years along with the massive development in technology. The contribution of audio visual materials can be defined as below;
- can create the materials more attractive and effective rather than reading sections
- can be accurately represented the illustration to ease the learning materials
- brings diversity and variation among the group learning materials
- makes the relationship between presenter/ teacher and audience/ students getting better to held two-way communication better
- works perfectly to beautify the research among the scholars
- helps to accommodate and cut through the limited time and physical contact by holding online meeting/ class
- can stimulate people’s interest and simplicity help people to think consecutively about the represented subject
Frankly speaking, numerous things can be more attractive to AVMs. It is important to keep adapting to the new technology, including adopting AVMs to your system. That’s your turn to choose the best audio visual materials among all.